Sunday, September 7, 2008

WHEW!

There is always a learning curve in life, after I started working on my website myself I did not understand one basic thing. I kept placing all of my images on the site with out realizing that if I placed them in a folder first and placed the image on the web page from that folder it would keep my website much more organized.
After I figured out that little golden nugget of wisdom the process of re-doing all 50 plus pages of my site did not sound like a very appealing task. Well…it is done! It took the better part of 5 hours but it is done and I can now saw that I actually understand how to do this task better in the future. ~Whew!~ I love to be this kind of organized and this actually makes me feel pretty good that I figured out how to do this without messing anything up.

I will never forget the first time I was introduced to this thing called the Internet. It was in the late 80’s and it blew my mind. Just realize what is now possible and what is at our fingertips almost instantaneously. Remember the change from dial-up to DSL. Think about our lives before ATM’s and before FedEx. Do you remember mimeograph machines? I love having all of this information at my beck and call. I know that my friend Scott owes much to the ability to access information and learn.

This illustrates in 3-D the actual domains and connections of the world wide web.





















"The Internet is not a thing, a place, a single technology, or a mode of governance. It is an agreement. "
John Gage, Director of Science, Sun Microsystems, Inc.

No comments: