Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Tuesday September 16th

William Blake - Auguries of Innocence

To see a world in a grain of sand
And a heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand
And eternity in an hour.

A Tibetan Sand Mandala


















~ An unexamined life is not worth living ~ Socrates
~ "Cogito, ergo sum" (Latin: "I think, therefore I am") ~ Descartes

There are such amazing and wonderful people in this world and for those I am grateful. But unfortunately, there are those in the world that are cruel and heartless beyond explanation.

My problem is that I tend to believe the best of a person and can be too stubborn to see the reality of the situation. If you tell me something I will believe it till I am shown that it cannot be believed; yet it can take me some real time to actually see the truth of a matter. You keep hoping you're wrong and every time something is done that screams to you that this situation is not good, you ignore it and every time something comes through and surprises you, the situation wins you all over again, and you lose that argument with yourself, that this situation is not for you.

In my eyes there is so little that is unforgivable and so much that can be understood from communication and compassion. These are two qualities that I hold in the highest regard and I find the most deplorable stand that a person can take is to deny real communication and to be devoid of compassion or to be so self involved that nothing matters but an invalidated sense of right and wrong.

There are always two sides to every story and every claim, understanding this is the essence of the examined and pondered life. Socrates and Descartes had it right that insight and self-exploration are the keys to a fulfilled existence.

Go ahead and see the trees as well as the forest and grow to be all that is possible and wonderful.

No comments: