Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Wednesday Sept. 3rd.

They have colors like Monsoon, Mr. Darcy, Jigsaw Puzzle, Highway One, Cinnamon & Treehouse…this is Citron Paint. This place is a very unique and amazing paint store. They mix to every color with pigment and use NO, and I mean NO, black to shade or deaden the colors. As a lighting designer this is the coolest thing ever. When Cris and Gail were here (while Gail was lightly snoring) Cris helped me pick out some colors for my bedroom. I used regular paint chips from the hardware store and the gal at Citron assisted me in making the transition to this beautiful palette. They sell colors by the gallon, by the quart Ball Mason Jar and they also let you buy little sampler pots for a very nice price.

The ceiling will be #98 Cool Sheets – Silk Finish
The walls will be #30 Honey Hair – Silk Finish
The window trim will be #17 Merlot – Pearl Finish
The baseboard will be #75 Fedora – Pearl Finish

Make sure you down load the PDF of the daubsheet

click on "Our Luminous Colors" on the color menu page.

I cannot express to you how much I have disliked like the colors that the previous owner painted this room. Well, soon enough, all will be right in the way of pigment. I need to find a really good paint stripper to remove; I do not know how many layers, of paint off of several doors.

Besides a visit to the paint store and a visit to this excellent store in Lost Barrio section of Tucson for some serious bartering, I am re-wiring 10 lamps for them in exchange for 3 beautiful luminescent brown-ish bell jar oil lamps that I will re-wire for my kitchen.

Another day full of more paperwork and as each hour passes I get that nasty pile shorter and shorter. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! Oh, so very close! Ever so close!!!!!

Chapter 48

In the Pursuit of knowledge,
every day something is added.
In the practice of the Tao,
every day something is dropped.
Less and less do you need to force things,
until finally you arrive at non-action.
When nothing is done,
nothing is left undone.

True mastery can be gained
by letting things go their own way.
It can’t be gained by interfering.

No comments: