Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sunday September 28th

Always a gentleman: Paul Newman 1925-2008
His life will be honored, his work admired, his generosity unquestioned and his loss will be mourned.

















Today was another long day. The show is over and I am ready to go home and get ready for class at my studio starting on Oct. 10th. If anyone wants to join in, I have 2 or 3 spots left. It promises to be a very fun time.

I got to watch brilliance of Tine Fey one more time. The spoof on the Palin/Couric interview was as good as the Palin/Clinton press conference. “Katie, I would like to use a lifeline” Oh, my….brilliance, pure brilliance. It seems that SNL is not letting anyone post the skit on YouTube. It is a shame but you can go to the SNL website and see it in it’s entirety. I would just like to have it on my computer for all of eternity.

My horoscope today is a great one.

You cannot change the past, so today if you are full of regrets, you just have to start getting comfortable with them, because there is no going back. The pain of what you did or did not do will fade with the passage of time, so look ahead. Make some plans with friends for a road trip and give yourself something to look forward to, something to take your mind off of the past. Your patience will get you through this time of life, and your hopefulness will prepare you for better times.

This is right up there with the Tao that I was reading!
Chapter 33
Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing yourself is true wisdom.
Mastering others is strength;
mastering yourself is true power.

If you realize that you have enough,
you are truly rich.
If you stay in the center
and embrace death with your whole heart,
you will endure forever.

The end of the baseball season has had as many surprises as usual. The Mets had another year of blowing a lead in the division and being eliminated from the playoffs. My Chicago White Soxs live to play another day. We shall see. I would love a Windy City Series. Doesn’t get much more exciting than this! Looking forward to it!

No comments: