Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Wednesday September 17th.

"Oh, I’m sorry, is my back in the way of you knife?"

I absolutely love that saying; it conveys so much!

They say that timing is everything. I am here to tell you that timing is the only thing. I am here to let everyone know that the exaggeration of events can be timed in today’s society. Even a time/date stamp on an email can exonerate or betray.

I have stated it on more than one occasion, real communication is the only way to solve issues and work out the real problems. Hiding behind walls, locked doors or the veil of cyberspace is the face that refuses to see the reality that is before them. Pointing fingers and making insinuations that have no merit and attempting a cloak and dagger approach of innuendo is the real face of cowardice.

It is prevalent in every aspect of life and society and I am tired of it. Very tired of it indeed.

There is a rule in lighting that holds more truth for me now than it ever did as a rule of physics.
•The angle if incidence equals the angle of reflection•
My personal definition: The more skewed a reality or truth is at its inception means that the actuality of that skewed reality or truth is all the more apparent in its review.

Truth is a very amazing thing. We, as humans, do tend to see what we want to see and make excuses to keep up pretense for our own justifications. Self-righteous indignation is a dangerous thing indeed. Here is the rub of it all. If the justification of the pretense keeps shifting; then the realization that that this personal truth is flawed must be acknowledged. Now here is the catch 22 for that statement. This acknowledgement requires that the flawed pretense actually must be look at and reviewed in the most honest way.

That is rarely or seldom done!

I have spent many months looking at my own list of justifications and I do try to realize my personal realities and my own views may not jive with others. That is why real, honest and in your face communications are essential in everything that occurs. Personal, Political, Professional, you name it. It is required! I have tried in these past months to be very honest about my own list and have tried to separate the wheat from the chaff.

So, I say to us all, do not hide from the realities that can frighten even when these realities can cause us pain. It is far better to face it and own it than to hide from it!

I asked a friend for an ear the other day and what I got was an earful. It was not what I wanted to hear, but it was what I needed to hear. My friend tried apologizing for the earful and all I told her was “thank you” for the kick in the ass that I needed and the reminder of who I am and who I desire to be.

Reality is a fragile thing. As fragile as the mirrors that we look into everyday.

Another equally good rule of physics: For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

No comments: