Saturday, September 20, 2008

Saturday September 20th

The Covering - Knight of Swords

The card in the Covering position highlights the important events, issues, attitudes or influences around the question or current situation.

This is a time when you need to use your intelligence to come up with new ideas and plan the best way forward from your current situation. Use your powers of persuasion by all means, but make sure you know what you are doing, and avoid being malicious or domineering.

Today has been such a beautiful warm, spectacularly sunny day.

I have laid out plans for some last minute projects around the yard before the end of the summer comes. I figured that a few one-day, simple projects might be required to keep my brain in top working order. Ever since I started working on the house I have had this idea about how to better water my plants from the pool water that I have to back wash in order to keep the filtration system working properly. I am going to get those parts tomorrow and at least lay out my idea. It should not be that hard.

I am also going to figure out the linear footage required to finish up my carport. I’ll call the local lumberyard and get a quote on that as well on Monday. That can be a 2 or 3 day project after I get back form RI.

I have started working on some new pieces for the Tucson show. I think that they will be nice. I am going to have a nice amount of finished pieces for the show as well as the usual stuff. I am pleased with the ides that I have percolating around in my head.

I started to pack up for RI. I get to spend some time with Susan Nestor! That will be wonderful indeed!

Tao Te Ching
Chapter 23

Express yourself completely,
then keep quite.
Be like to forces of nature:
when it blows, there is only wind;
when it rains, there is only rain;
when the clouds pass, the sun shines through.

If you open yourself to the Tao
you are at one with the Tao
and you can embody it completely.
If you open yourself to in sight,
you are at one with insight
and you can use it completely.
If you open yourself to loss,
you are at one with loss
and you can accept it completely.

Open yourself to the Tao,
then trust your natural responses;
and everything will fall into place.

EE Cummings – i carry your heart
i carry your heart with me
(i carry it in my heart)
i am never without it
(anywhere i go you go, my dear;
and whatever is done by only me
is your doing, my darling)

i fear no fate
(for you are my fate, my sweet)
i want no world
(for beautiful you are my world, my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life; which grows
higher than soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart

No comments: