Monday, September 15, 2008

Monday September 15th

So, today was a productive day. I finished the very cumbersome task of re-doing the tools section on my website. As of this evening, my site is now entirely my own, all of the vestiges of the old site are now history. It took some time for these last 2 really big pages because there were about 45 to 50 images that needed to be re-done on top of everything else. Well all of the old crap that was taking up a great deal of room on my host site, confusing the daylights out of me, are now GONE!!!!! I am very pleased about this.

So, mom is doing well, is still in the dark, but doing well. A bunch of the neighbors got together this evening after dinner and made a campfire, roasted marshmallows and made S’mores. Some of these neighbors have not gotten together since my sister and I were kids. I find it amazing what will bring people together and what will pull them apart. The ebb and flow of lives constantly astounds me. What is it that makes people life long friends and what happens that is so horrible that will make someone just drop a connection. The fickle and unpredictable nature of the human being has been and will probably remain a mystery to me on many levels.

My big news for the day is that I got into The Whole Bead Show here in Tucson in February. I will be exhibiting in the ballroom with all of the awesome folks. Gail Crosman Moore, Andrea Guarino-Slemmons, Marilyn Berg of MB Imports, Steff Korsage, Bronwen Heilman and many more! This is the show that I have been hoping for. I am very pleased to be part of the crew in the ballroom.

This is BIG for me!!! Not only will I have workshops before and after the show but I will have a very nice booth with all of my new stuff out for exhibiting. I have 4 months, I GOT TO GET TO WORK...NOW!

No comments: