Sunday, May 25, 2008

Sunday May 25th

So, I am done! I wound, cut and tumbled 200 Troy oz of sterling silver and then packaged well over 400 Troy oz. yesterday. I am pretty much packed up and ready. All I have left to do is pack up my bench and my clothes and clean the disaster that is my house. Whenever I get ready for a show it is like a tornado hit and run.
As you can see I have a few things that I am bringing. I am looking forward to the drive and the solitude. It is so fascinating to see the terrain change from desert to trees, from the neutrals to the greens as I drive north. I really do love this drive.

I am so looking forward to seeing everyone.
Just a few more days and we are off to the races for another year!

I am still on my poetry reading binge and I have discovered the poetry of a Chilean poet Pablo Neruda. 1945 – 1973
His words are so amazing.

Love
Pablo Neruda

What's wrong with you, with us,
what's happening to us?
Ah our love is a harsh cord
that binds us wounding us
and if we want
to leave our wound,
to separate,
it makes a new knot for us and condemns us
to drain our blood and burn together.

What's wrong with you? I look at you
and I find nothing in you but two eyes
like all eyes, a mouth
lost among a thousand mouths that I have kissed, more beautiful,
a body just like those that have slipped
beneath my body without leaving any memory.

And how empty you went through the world
like a wheat-colored jar
without air, without sound, without substance!
I vainly sought in you
depth for my arms
that dig, without cease, beneath the earth:
beneath your skin, beneath your eyes,
nothing,
beneath your double breast scarcely
raised
a current of crystalline order
that does not know why it flows singing.
Why, why, why,
my love, why?

No comments: