Friday, May 9, 2008

Friday May 9th.

I had a more productive day to some extent. I got my biggest handout done for my 3-day workshop. I got half of my wire order in and all of the smaller orders are trickling in. I had a hammer order that was supposed to be delivered to me in Portland and has been in the FedEx abyss for 60 days. Can you believe it? They have been found and are on their way to me! I will have my favorite large hammers available in Milwaukee.

I think that I finally have a partial solution to my not sleeping thing. I think I have a pinched nerve in my neck/shoulder and it has been getting worse ever so slowly. So slowly in fact that it has snuck up on me! I put one of my secret weapons on. A student gave me these a few years ago, a Korean poultice patch. It is this warming patch that I get from the Korean Grocery and it works miracles with this combination of warmth and herbs that slowly easy the muscle tension. Between that and remembering not to clench my jaw at night I may actually get my schedule back on track. I have tried teas, and warm milk and a variety of other remedies. I hope that this will start the trend back to a better nights sleep.

I will be in full winding and cutting mode by noon tomorrow. It is really a Zen thing for me. I put my iPod on shuffle and I loose my mind in music and thought. Then after a few hours of that I will choose to loose myself in baseball. How much better can a day be! I am looking forward to the peaceful place that I get to go to when I start this process.

I have good news to share, I believe that my bats are back. One was spotted this evening during a moonlight swim. It would be so excellent to see them again.




Tao Te Ching – Chapter 81

True words aren't eloquent;
eloquent words are not true.
Wise men don’t need to prove their point;
men who need to prove their point aren’t wise.

The Master has no possessions.
The more he does for others,
the happier he is.
The more he gives to others,
the wealthier he is.

The Tao nourishes by not forcing.
By not dominating, the Master leads.

No comments: