Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Wednesday April 16th.

It is the truest harbinger that summer is closing in, the tap water is warming up here in Tucson and that means the true summer is close at hand! There is no such thing as a cool drink of water from the tap in Tucson during the summer. I was washing dishes this morning and was pleased to find that no cold water came from the tap.


I have been swimming twice a day since I returned from Miami. Even the night I got home I sat out by the pool, dangled my feet in the water and enjoyed the Tucson evening. It is such a beautiful time, to see the sky, to look at the mountains and to enjoy the warmth in my bones as summer quickly approaches. It has been a great time of reflection and introspection.

Chapter 73
The Tao is always at ease.
it overcomes without competing,
answers without speaking a word,
accomplishes without a plan.

It’s net covers the whole universe.
And though its meshes are wide,
it doesn’t let a thing slip through.

I am getting all of my orders ready for Bead & Button. It has been a daunting task this time around. Getting ready for a 3-day workshop and 10 classes in 5 days takes some strategy. I have to say that the office boxes worked out perfectly for me. I was very organized upon arrival and not so much on the packing up part. I could have done better but I was really tired by the end of that teaching session.

I have a better plan this time, I am spending 2 days with my friends (proper spelling) Cris and her husband Paul while I am on my way so I do not arrive tired. I have 3 friends that are showing up in Milwaukee to help out and make sure I do not fall into the great teachers abyss. Like I said the other day, you know things are on a good track when your pals offer to pitch in. I am grateful for them every day. They are a great source of sanity, getting all of this stuff ready can get a person crabby at times. They keep me laughing!

Another really good thing came out of the Miami show, it looks like I am gonna be teaching for the Miami Guild in September. I met Adrienne Gaskell, the president of the South Florida Guild and we talked for quite some time and came up with a really fun 3 days of teaching. I am really looking forward to it. Keep an eye out for the Miami dates!

I just slyly acquired a Coca-Cola Cherry Zero from my roomy because I really wanted a sweetish kind of drink. I think it might have been a mistake! WOW! It is overtly sweet with a heavy cherry overtone! Interesting.

I am also starting to get ready for the Phoenix show. The show is has arranged a baseball night with the D-Backs and the Mets. I got tickets and a friend of mine from Austin, TX that is actually driving through AZ on her move to Las Vegas and is going to spend a few days here on the way. Sound complicated? Yea, it does to me too! Oh well, it will all work out.

No comments: