Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Tuesday April 15th.

Ah, one more year of filing for an extension for my taxes. This is the second year in a row that I have done this. I hate the feeling that I could not get my act together ot get it done this year. There has been so much going on and I have been focused on so many other things. Oh well! I am promising myself that I will get it done before I go to Bead & Button. (We will see!)

Here is one of the classic videos from a favorite of mine Joan Armatrading singing "Willow". I will never forget the first time I ever saw her live in concert. 1983; one of the hottest summers that NYC had seen in a very long time, no rain, really high humidity and the subway line that I lived on had NO air conditioning. I had the joy of listening to Joan Armatrading on the Pier 54 on the Hudson River. She sang for a really long time as I remember, or I could have been delirious from heat stroke but I recall a long evening of sunsets and actually a cooling breeze off of the Hudson. I hope that you enjoy her as much as I do, her voice is a so revealing to the human condition.



Some time ago I told you about how much I love a sunrise at high altitude, last night I got to see an amazing sunset from 37,000 feet. That was pretty spectacular as well! I could not get any kind of shot being in the middle seat. Maybe I will get to see another one like it some day. I think that the cloud cover that we were flying over had a great deal to do with the intensity of the colors! This is not my shot but it is close to what I saw!

No comments: