Thursday, April 3, 2008

Thursday April 3rd.

Today was a very busy day of starts and stops and making lists and crossing off parts of the list and making new lists. I am so done for the day. It will be a long day tomorrow but I am SO excited about class. I have been working on some new pieces that are changing the way that I am working! Wait till you see! This s BIG stuff!

The weather here is warning up, I am enjoying swimming laps and warming my bones. I treated myself to a massage today from my dear friend Carlysle. She is the best masseur in all of Tucson and I am grateful that I have her. The best part of it is that we both share a very deep love of the theatre, she is a very accomplished actress and we are taking a road trip to the Utah Shakespeare festival this summer after I get back from the Pudget Sound Bead Festival. 4 plays in 3 days. We have planned to see Cyrano de Bergerac; The Two Gentlemen of Verona; Othello and The Taming of the Shrew. More may be added depending on timing! I CANNOT WAIT! Several of the productions will be in the outdoor theatre under the stars. Nothing is better!

When we have mislaid our path and start to re-discover it the simplest things mean the greatest of all! Everyone needs to read the "The Tao of Pooh" by Benjamin Hoff

Lao-tzu Tao Te Ching - Chapter 41

When the superior man hears of the Tao,
he immediately begins to embody it.
When and average man hears of the Tao,
he half believes it, half doubts it.
When a foolish man hears of the Tao,
he laughs out loud.
If he didn’t laugh,
it wouldn’t be the Tao.

Thus it is said:
The path into the light seems dark,
the path forward seems to go back,
the direct path seems long,
true power seems weak,
true purity seems tarnished,
true steadfastness seems changeable,
true clarity seems obscure,
the greatest art seems unsophisticated,
the greatest love seems indifferent,
the greatest wisdom seems childish.

The Tao is nowhere to be found.
Yet it nourishes and completes all things.

No comments: