Friday, April 11, 2008

Friday, April 11th.

I got into Fort Lauderdale late and into Miami by midnight. I had set-up early this morning and a full day of selling to the masses of Miami. Two more days and then I get a few hours on Monday to sit by the pool and to relax before I get on a plane again to go back home and to start it all over again.

What do you do when you are presented with a true conundrum? I feel as though I am in between the proverbial rock and the hard place. What I believe that I should do and what I actually may do and the ramifications of those actions. I seek guidance from those whose advice I trust more than my own. (And I trust me a whole lot!) How do you gauge the correct choice? How is a decision made that will not have karmic repercussions yet keep your “self” in a place that you are able to look in the mirror each morning. That is a really important thing to be able to do!

Tao Te Ching Chapter 22

If you want to become whole,
let yourself be partial.
If you want to become straight,
let yourself be crooked.
If you want to become full,
let yourself become empty.
If you want to be reborn,
let yourself die.
If you want to be given everything
give up everything.

The Master, by residing in the Tao,
sets an example for all beings.
Because he does not display himself,
people can see his light.
Because he has nothing to prove,
people can trust his words.
Because he doesn’t know how he is,
people recognize themselves in him.
Because he has no goal in mind,
everything he does succeeds.

When the ancient master said,
“If you want to be given everything,
give everything up.”
they weren’t using empty phrases.
Only in being lived by the Tao
can you be truly yourself

No comments: