Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Wednesday July 9th

I had a lovely drive with Michele today and we made great time to Tacoma. What a delight to get caught up and just speak in person. We made such good time that we had extra time on our hands to sit down to an excellent breakfast at the Hob Nob restaurant. After that we went to the airport to grab Gail. We had to wait in the cell phone parking lot and got to watch a backhoe tear up and fold up a guardrail. Meesh and I were both pleased to see heavy construction equipment in use. It really is a real thrill that I will never tire of.

After we checked in to the room we all had some relaxing catch up time and I commented on how amazing it was that I am now in Tacoma and just a few hours ago I wasn’t here. There is an amazing thing that happens in our world, we have to travel so much and in that we are all creatures of habit. We hook up with our familiars, catch up and have our routines of favorite restaurants and activities that make each city feel as if it is a real part of our daily world and not just 3 to 5 days out of each year.

It is a wonderful thing to have these friends so close and to know that the time we spend together is meaningful to each of us in our own ways. Each of us brings a special personality to the mix and a unique sense of humor and wonder to the world.

Tomorrow is setup at noon, meet the teachers at 5pm and then I teach Viking Knit from 7pm to 10 pm. I get to sleep in and I am going to take full advantage of that.

Tacoma is beautiful and they are really spiffing up the downtown nicely.
This is the view from out hotel room. It looses just a little something shooting the image from behind a glass window!















I am still very sore and am looking forward to a very restful nights sleep!
Again, thanks for all of the concerned emails.
As Jill said, I figured that since you were typing you must be OK!!!

No comments: