Sunday, July 20, 2008

Sunday July 20th

Well, I am getting ready to depart for Utah. I am really looking forward to a few days of relaxation and theatre.

The rains last night were HUGE. My pool is close to overflowing. The clouds that are gathering over the horizon are huge, fluffy; and as full of water as the ones from last nights storm. It is only a matter of time before the rains come again this evening.

I have spent a good portion of the afternoon figuring out how to do a better job of organizing all of the images for my website. After talking to the guy how helped set up my new site and speaking in a language that I really do not understand, I think I actually understand what to do, how to do it and still not “F” anything up.

Well it is time to get back to work on all of the B&B submissions for next year. Those are coming along quite nicely and I think that I have some really nice idea for a 2 or 3 day workshop and several new classes!!!

I am thinking of stopping at the Grand Canyon on the way back from Cedar City. I have only flown over the canyon and would relish the opportunity to see the view. I had reservations to camp at Phantom Ranch right after B&B this year, but those went to way of the Dodo and I would really love the chance to even stand on the rim. I do want to camp at the ranch next summer and am hopeful that I will get to go this next time around.














Grand Canyon at the South Rim.

It had been a very real dream of mine to spend a week to 10 days on the floor of the canyon and just hike the trails, swim in the river and relax. There is no Internet, no TV, nothing that can interrupt the grandeur and solitude of the canyon.











Phantom Ranch!

No comments: