Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Wednesday December 3rd

And December continues...no matter what we desire!
What an interesting day I had today. Everything ran the gamut…

The Turtles - Happy Together



I am busy getting ready for a full class this weekend and I am really looking forward to it. Several of the gals that are coming are from a class that I taught this year in Portland. We are going to make such cool stuff.

My head is swirling with settings that I want to make and I had no time to get to my bench today and I kept looking longingly at my tools and all I could do was turn away and get the stuff done that I needed to get done. Oh well; soon enough…














I was perusing the NY Times today, as I do every day, and found a really nice book review for Alison Bechdel’s THE ESSENTIAL DYKES TO WATCH OUT FOR. (read the review) It is a collection of 20 years of her cartoons. To use the word cartoon seems to diminish the importance of the work that she has created. Her self-portrait book Fun Home was considered one of the best books of 2006. Read this review and if you do not know her work welcome to some very funny insights into the human condition.

















(In New York, I was always envious of people who could walk into a coffee place and the guy behind the counter would know them so well he would just start fixing their order, without any exchange of words. It took me more than 10 years to get to that stage, but at the very end of my tenure in New York I finally achieved it: I would enter my little spot on Eighth Avenue and, with nothing more than maybe a nod of acknowledgment, my buddy prepared my personal choice: drip coffee with steamed milk.)

More NY Times: Abstract City by Christopher Niemann – COFFEE
It is brilliant! I was chatting with a friend earlier today and we were talking about my time living in NYC. I told her one of my favorite things was the fact that even in such a HUGE city, there are neighborhoods and that you can establish really interesting relationships with total strangers. I would order the same thing every morning from my favorite Greek Deli and after a few months of ordering the same thing I could walk in, and not say a word and my order would beat me to the head of the line.

And finally, here is Prop 8 – The Musical. Jack Black and a host of stars that include Allison Janney, John C Reilly, Margret Chow and many more…It is funny, really funny and I truly hope that I do not offend anyone.

See more Jack Black videos at Funny or Die

No comments: