Friday, December 12, 2008

Friday December 12th

So, I know that yesterday was short, sweet and really to the point. It really struck me as very poignant and oh so very, very true. So, after that I really had nothing else to say that meant anything to me. After spinning my proverbial wheels over the last decade and for those of you that have been reading along this year, introspection is the word for 2008. The other word is self-respect!

I am looking at all of the quotes that have meant something to me over the years of my life. I made a list of my favorites and published them as a "match the quote to the author" as the dedication to my Chain Making Techniques book. Even with that, I still made the amazing mistake of actually dedicating the book but even still, the quotes still mean everything to me.

So today: Ayn Rand - "I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine." If you look closely at the Ovid quote you can see how it completely connects with this quote.

In order to truly love you have to respect and honor yourself first and then you can love another with everything that you and they deserve. Nothing more…nothing less...


Tonight's Moon!
















I am sitting here on this most amazing celestial evening. The strange part of this lunar event is that we have a very overcast and cloudy night. The moon is this fuzzy illuminated ball of cotton behind a very light cloud cover. But for the rest of you… the moon is approaching its nearest point to Earth, so it should look about 14 percent bigger and 30 percent brighter than this year's other full moons. Tomorrow's approach will be the closest the moon has come to Earth since 1993. I am hopeful for another chance to witness this event tomorrow evening.

Enjoy this moon tonight because I do not know when we will be able to see it again. This moon reminds me of the scene around the kitchen table in Moonstruck. The family is talking about how Cosmo was courting Rose and came to her window on the night of a really HUGE full moon? "Cosmo’s Moon - La Bella Luna."

















Snap Out Of It! LOL!

No comments: