Saturday, December 13, 2008

Saturday December 13th











Time: the days grow shorter as the winter Solstice approaches in just a few more days. And for one more night the full moon is bigger than big in the night sky. The Solstice notes the beginning of winter and the shortest day of the year and after the 21st we can look forward to the days getting longer. the sun rising earlier each morning and the setting later each evening.

Time is such and interesting phenomena.
Think of all the sayings that we have that are linked to time:















"Time marches on."
"A watched pot never boils."
"Time heals all wounds."
"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
"Time nor tide wait for no man."
"A stitch in time saves nine."
"Time the subtle thief of youth."
"Time is money."
"Tempus fugit." (time flies)
"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times."
"Veritum dies aperit" (Time discovers the truth)
"I recommend you to take care of the minutes, for hours will take care of themselves"
"The times they are a-changing."
"Time is on my side, yes it is."
"Potius sero quad numquam"(Better late than never)
"Time spent laughing is time spent with the gods."
"Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time."
"Who forces time is pushed back by time; who yields to time finds time on his side."
"Time is like the wind; it lifts the light and leaves the heavy."
"Time is the only thief we can't get justice against."
"Time is the longest distance between two places."
"Years of love have been forgot, In the hatred of a minute."
"Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time, for that is the stuff life is made of."

All of these and the only thing that I can ponder right now is how this year has gone by more quickly that I could ever have imagined. I watched the moon rise tonight behind a thin covering of clouds and it is so beautiful. I cannot wait to see how it illuminates the back yard as it peaks in the sky.

I listened to my horoscope today and just had a laid back day…
~This is the perfect day to just relax and go with the flow, because that flow will take you to some wonderful places. So try not to push back or control things. The less effort you put into directing how things will go, the better everything will be. You have got to start trusting the people around you to make the right choices -- they know what they are doing. While they might have a different style than you, they still know how to get the job done.~

I finished up some very serious yard work today…the front yard is all DONE and all I have to do is just "carefully" work around some very dangerous looking cacti to finish up the yard before the winter rains start again.

I spent my day today in a taking care of my time and enjoying the moments as they unfolded before me. I paid close attention to the how time flows and how the winter days accentuate this flow. The winter passage of time is more pronounced.

No comments: