Monday, December 22, 2008

Monday December 22nd.

I promised pictures of the Moss Agate pendants in the sunshine today. It would have helped if the sun came out today in Tucson. I should not have promised, I know but the sun usually does shine here everyday, but not today, I will post as soon as I can. Thanks for your patience.

What do you do when something enters your sphere of reality that totally takes you by surprise and smacks you up side the head and gives you reason to… pause? What do you do when those kind of events make you just as little happier and have just a bit more bounce in you gate? When something so excellent occurs that you are totally engaged in what equates to a matter of moments and the occurrence can change the way that you view things around you, do you turn away? Do you put blinders on and not see the possibilities that are before you? Jeez, I hope not. I hope that you grab the opportunity and make the most of it, let it wash over you and take you to the places that you have dreamed of and hoped for! These are moments that you hope for, wait for and actually ask for.

This is the season for these moments. This is the season for children’s dreams to take shape. This is the time of the year that adults are kind of required to take stock of last 12 months, if not the entirety of their life and to choose what to bring along and what to discard as non-essential. When something amazing smashes into you…grab it and go along for the ride…make sure you pay the fare for you may not know when the bus will stop and drop you off at a destination.

I could not be more pleased with the amazing things that have happened to me in these past months. I am pleased with the creative journey that I have been on as well. For as hard as this year has been, it has been just as rewarding on the flip side of this coin. I am hopeful that I have paid the correct fare and that I am on the right route. This next year has many goals and hopes. The future is unknown, it is this “unknowing” is the wonder of living. Greet every day with the optimism that is ready for the unexpected and spectacular to enter your life.

The end of one of my most GEEKY times is coming to a close. I posted a few months ago that I only had the Alaska and Hawaii quarters to collect to fill my Quarters of the United States Collection. The Hawaii coin has been released and I am now waiting for it to fall into my hands. Since 1999 I have been collecting these coins with ABSOLUTE GEEKY DEDICATION, now, as soon as I get Hawaii what the hell else can I do for the next 10 years. Yea! I AM A GEEK!

Now, I am here to tell you the best news of the day. I learned of this about 2 weeks ago and have been smiling ever since. Starting in 2009 there will be a 24 hour network dedicated to the greatest of all pastimes…if you know me…you know that I am going to type before I type it. I am pleased to announce the addition of the MLB Network to the cable lineup. Can you believe it? 24/7-365 Baseball News on the dial. I am pleased! Life just got better.

I am leaving for the Holiday tomorrow morning traveling to the mid-west and will post as I travel. I am off to see my mom and my niece and nephews. Have a wonderful and safe holiday season.

No comments: