Thursday, August 7, 2008

Wednesday August 6th

I had a great video to share with you but there were some technical difficulties. I'll try in the morning!

Cris and Gail arrive tomorrow and Stacey gets in on Friday! I could not be more pleased that the gals are coming into town to stay and this could not come at a better time for me. I am thinking way too much and I need to make greater strides towards goals that I have set for myself.

I am so very ready for some creative interaction, great meals & much laughter and spending time with some really fantastic people!

We averted a big storm this evening; it entire thing just skirted right around the city. The lightning was still pretty excellent and the rumbling of the distant thunder is always a welcome sound to my ears.

I am on a quote binge these days. I listen to so many movies while I work over the course of a day and there are scenes that I hear and just remember. They stick with you for some reason or another and they can move you in so many ways. Even stupid movies with corny one-liners that make you laugh every time you hear them.

When ever I take role in a class ad a student has not arrived yet all I can ever think about is the teacher from Ferris Bueller's Day Off. “Bueller?…..Bueller?” It gets me every time without fail.

I have the TV on right now and once again “The Holiday” is on and the second speech that Iris (Kate Winslet) gives has just played. It makes me tear up whenever I hear it. She delivers the words and intent so well and Miles (Jack Black) is just the best listener ever!!!! He is so cute in this role!
Iris: I understand feeling as small and as insignificant as humanly possible. And how it can actually ache in places you didn't know you had inside you. And it doesn't matter how many new haircuts you get, or gyms you join, or how many glasses of chardonnay you drink with your girlfriends... you still go to bed every night going over every detail and wonder what you did wrong or how you could have misunderstood. And how in the hell for that brief moment you could think that you were that happy. And sometimes you can even convince yourself that he'll see the light and show up at your door. And after all that, however long all that may be, you'll go somewhere new. And you'll meet people who make you feel worthwhile again. And little pieces of your soul will finally come back. And all that fuzzy stuff, those years of your life that you wasted, that will eventually begin to fade.

No comments: