Friday, August 1, 2008

Friday August 1st

What A Big Day for Science!!!

Frozen Water Confirmed on Mars
MIT develops way to bank solar energy at home

and
There was an amazing Total Eclipse of the Sun.










There is so much going on around us and so much that still needs to be overcome. We, as humanity have to take a better look around and see what we are doing to everything around us. I have been listening to NOVA and History International as I have been working this week and have gleaned a great deal that leads me to more questions.

We need to be more aware of what we have, what we can use and what we can recycle!

The door that I just had put in...

•I got the Angle Iron and the Door from a reclamation yard.
•90% of the wood was left over from other projects and had been neatly stacked in a pile next to the house for well over a year.
•The corrugated steel roofing was tucked into a niche in between the garage and an old shed, left over from the previous owners. (I still have 5 sheets left, what can I make next!)
•Some of the other bits and part needed were traded between Monty and myself. I gave him some left over 4x4's and I got 3 used bitchin' hinges.
•I have stain and sealer from other projects, and do not need to buy another thing to finish this off correctly.

It is imperative that we think outside the box and when I read about what MIT has done and to think that a non-corrosive approach to storing energy is with-in reach in the next decade sounds to so excellent. It gives me hope that we as a society may actually be starting to listen in ernest.

The Beijing marvels "The Water Cube" & "The Birds Nest" that will be unveiled have taken my breath away and the technology that went into each venue is unbelievable.

The games come as a double edged sword for me; my life long love for what the Olympics represent, my love for Tibetian culture and my disgust for the intollerable nature for so much of the Chinese government.

Fellowship of the Rings Quote:
Galadriel; "The quest stands upon the edge of a knife, stray but a little and it will fail to the ruin of all. Yet hope remains while the company is true."

No comments: