Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Wednesday August 13th.

Sinnerman – Nina Simone!
Oh, Yea!!! There is nothin’ like this voice!

There are awesome people in this world and I consider myself honored to know a few of them. I had lost touch with the most fabulous Jean Yeats over the last month or so and we totally reconnected last night with a rapid fire exchange of emails that let us pick up right where we had left off so many days ago. I always stop in to see how she is doing every day but I have been just keeping my life focused and rather introverted for the last month or so. What a wonderful person and soul she is and it is a joy to know her. I have never met anyone that can see so many things so clearly and so succinctly and she is so free with sharing that clarity with her friends.

I had a productive and Olympics filled day. I am very close to being ready to go to Dayton and then off to Philly for classes. It seems rather surreal that I am flying to a gig this year. I know that I am driving from Dayton to Philly but I am actually getting into a plane for the first time since Christmas. WOW! I was so used to flying everywhere and I flew the equivalent of 4 times around the world last year and almost 3 ½ times in the last 3 months of last year. I think that is why I am so adamant about driving.

There was a beautiful monsoon this evening that came out of the west. So many of our storms come in from the south but this one, coming in from the west, was actually cold. (I mean it Gail & Cris, the water was COLD.) It was wonderful to stand out in the wind and feel a cold rain wash over you. The lightning is still flashing wildly and the thunder sounds off in the distance. I can not wait to turn off all of the lights and see the house fill with momentary flashes.

Stacey asked me watch her daughter's YouTube Video.
You all have to watch this.
It is brilliant.
Way to go!

No comments: