Monday, August 18, 2008

Monday August 18th

Well all I have to say is that I am the worlds greatest packer! I even amazed myself this morning. The final shipment from UPS came today and I spent the morning sorting, inventorying and re-packing the shipments to all fit into my car. Look at this amazing job.













Mom and I had a really nice birthday day for her yesterday. We had lunch and dinner with friends and had a very enjoyable time. We have been watching the Olympics with die hard abandon. Everything from Beach Volleyball to the Trampoline, Jeez we are addicted to it all and enjoying every moment of it. How in the name of everything we hold dear do we get a hyped up about some of these really strange versions of sports. My all time favorite is the Gymnastics with the ribbons and the ball throwing!

I had 2 stupid errands to run today and spent about an hour of wasted time accomplishing them. I decided that it was a waste of money and packing space to ship out several items that I was sure I could find very easily here. Well it proved to be a bit more of a challenge but in the end all it went well in the world. I have also decided that since I am going to be teaching and exhibiting at the Philly show I should just leave a few things here so I will not have to ship them all over the country each year. So a good portion of the day was spent kind of figuring out what exactly all that stuff is going to be. Thanks to BeadFest for scheduling the show in conjunction with my mom’s birthday. Appreciate it!

Tomorrow is a day of relaxing, mailing off my article to B&B with some amazing samples and going out to dinner again with friends. I am ready for the show and I am even more ready for a nice 48 hours in Chicago!

Endless Knot—symbolic of Buddha's mind, representing endless wisdom and compassion; reminiscent of the cyclic reality of existence.

Right now, and in every now-moment, you are either closing or opening. You are either stressfully waiting for something--more money, security, affection--or you are living from your deep heart, opening as the entire moment, and giving what you most deeply desire to give, without waiting. If you are waiting for anything in order to live and love without holding back, then you suffer. Every moment is the most important moment of your life. No future time is better than now to let down your guard and love. Everything you do right now ripples outward and affects everyone. Your posture can shine your heart or transmit anxiety. Your breath can radiate love or muddy the room in depression. Your glance can awaken joy. Your words can inspire freedom. Your every act can open hearts and minds. Opening from heart to all, you live as a gift to all. In every moment, you are either opening or closing. Right now, you are choosing to open and give fully or you are waiting. How does your choice feel?
Josh Baran

How very bittersweet! It is anguishing-ly hard to see all of the changes in life that were never to happen. The realization that no matter what promises were made and dreams were shared the outcome was certain. Hind site is 20/20 and when you look back on the events of life and can see all of the warning flares that have gone off while only looking forward; it is a very important lesson to remember to really look at your world and make sure that you see the real truth of the circumstances and that you are not wearing blinders to reality. Eyes wide open to the actions and reality of life.

No comments: