Monday, August 25, 2008

Monday August 25th

Black Horse & the Cherry Tree - KT Tunstall

The past few days have been a whirlwind of teaching classes, running down to the show floor to get anytime at all in my booth to meet people, to getting dinner and going to bed. Yeesh! I was so tired last night that I fell asleep during the closing ceremonies of the Olympics.

The classes were; SO VERY EXCELLENT! I had 60 of the funest and spunkiest students that I have ever had! We all had a great time and some of the nicest bits and parts were created in just a day! All of these gals (and 2 guys…..really awesome! William & Mario!) gleaned so much and made such huge leaps in 7 hours. Everyone did such a great job and took the demo’s and made them their own.

It is always such an amazing thing to witness the transformation that happens as each person lights up the torch and tames the flames! It affects each person in such a personal way. Some are there to overcome a fear of fire and some are there to take back a part of their life. Each has a story and I am blessed when any are shared with me.

As always, it is a wonderful time of catching up with friends and making new ones!!!! Howdy to Erin! What a pleasure to meet you and spend time with you!

My love to Jill, Gail, Susan, Charlene, Jane & Robin and all of the rest! As always, it is so good to see you and spend time with you!

Well; it took 10 hours to get to Chicago from Philly and as always driving in PA means you go the wrong way at least once…..I went 20 minutes out of my way first thing this morning! UGH! Well, that’s PA!!!! I decided to not wake at the break of dawn, sleep in just a bit and spent my morning just visiting with my roomie Gail. That was such a smart idea.

I got to listen to the entirety of the DNC convention and made it to my hotel just in time for Michele Obama’s speech. I got to listen to Ted Kennedy’s speech and was struck by his passion. Michele was amazing; I am for the first time in a long time, hopeful for the right outcome for the first time in 8 years. PLEASE! OH PLEASE! Do it right this time!

I will confess; she made me a bit misty this evening! Don’t tell anyone! It’s out secret!

I am in one of my favorite cities with my most favorite View! I LOVE CHICAGO! The view from my room thank you!















I get to spend the day with two of the sweetest people in the world tomorrow and I get homemade French toast! YEA!

No comments: