Saturday, August 16, 2008

Saturday August 16th

I had a long day of flights, a layover in HotLanta and then a short hop to Dayton. I had forgotten that I was in Atlanta just last summer for one of the slowest shows ever. The only one that was slower was Miami. I guess I had blocked out the entire show for so many reasons. This airport amuses me, while you are walking, they let you know that you are 3000 feet away from the next terminal. That is over 1/2 a mile. I made the HUGE mistake last year of dragging my sorry butt and my HEAVY SILVER LADEN bags the entire distance, choosing NOT to use the tram. I have no idea of what I was thinking! God! I hate being stupid!

Well I am in Dayton and I am sweating like a sieve! It is not that hot but I am not used to the humidity. Nor am I used to looking out a window and see so much green! Well I am here and I just have a bit of work to do. Tomorrow is my mom’s birthday and we have a full day of seeing family friends. It will be really nice to see them all.

I just watched Michael Phelps win his final Gold Medal of this Olympics. I remember watching Mark Spitz make his historic 1972 Munich march to 7 Gold Medals. This was one of the most amazing things I have ever witnessed and I am honored to have been able to experience it along with the world.

Dara Torres lost her Olympic bid for Gold my one one-thousandth of a second, the same time that Michael won last nights race. I could not be more impressed her; she stopped a previous race from starting so a fellow competitor could fix a rip in her swim suit. Now that is the true meaning of sportsmanship and honest competition. You Go Girl!!! Well Done!

I am looking forward to the next few days of getting a few work things done and getting ready for my SHORT drive to Philly!!!

No comments: