Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Tuesday August 5th

A productive day of more work in the house and yard. I finished the yard work today, but with all of the rain that we just got all of the yard work will go to hell in a handbag in just a few days. It is a battle that will not end I fear!

What an amazing storm we had this evening! 4000 lighting strikes an hour! (YES! I swear! Honest!) More rain than I have ever seen fall here in such a short amount of time with winds near 60 MPH in the mountains. It was BEAUTIFUL!!! Whew!

Oh, yea! The new door did the job. The garage/studio was a dry as can be!!!!

My day was a day of listening to movies while I worked at my bench and continued to check items off of my list. I put Moonlighting on and it is always a favorite; there are as many good one-liners in this movie as there are in Steel Magnolias.

The classic line of all time:
Ronny Cammareri: I love you!
Loretta: (slaps him twice) “Snap out of it!

But here is my favorite:
Ronny Cammareri: Loretta, I love you. Not like they told you love is, and I didn't know this either, but love don't make things nice - it ruins everything. It breaks your heart. It makes things a mess. We aren't here to make things perfect. The snowflakes are perfect. The stars are perfect. Not us. Not us! We are here to ruin ourselves and to break our hearts and love the wrong people and *die*. The storybooks are *bullshit*. Now I want you to come upstairs with me and *get* in my bed!

How could anyone say no to that line!

P.S,
I found a really cool little movie that I am trying to find the code for. I want to put it on my Blog page. It is so cute and funny. If anyone can help me out here I would really appreciate it a great deal. Thans!!!

No comments: