Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Tuesday November 4th

Election Day 2008

I get to look at the world with fresh eyes and optimism again. I could not be more proud of our country, throwing off the mantle of race and not looking at diverse cultures with derision and making the bravest of choices to do the right thing! What a decisive and commanding voice that we as a nation spoke in this evening.

I start driving off to California tomorrow and for the first time this year I have hope in our future. My friend Jill and I were recalling earlier this year talking in Miami and wondering if an African American had what it took to convince the rest of the country that he was the way for our future.

This is a moment that we will look at and say I remember the moment that this happened and I remember what I was doing at that moment. For as divided and divisive as we can be, no other nation can do what we do…surprise the hell out of the rest of the world in one fell swoop.

I am looking forward to seeing all of my friends in CA. It is going to be so excellent to see my friend Anne and my friend Pam. These are 2 awesome women that I have missed to desperately for over 2 years. And to Ruth and Lise…I am on my way! It has been way to long and I will never lat that happen again.

Well done everyone! It is time for us to get to work and clean up the mess that we have allowed to be made. A civil, decent, calm, honorable man has been chosen to lead and to govern. His speech was inspirational and I am grateful that John McCain has laid down the way for healing the wounds that have been inflicted.










YES WE CAN! YES WE CAN! YES WE CAN!
We have to, it is OUR time!

No comments: