Monday, November 17, 2008

Monday November 17th

When inspiration hits it is an amazing thing. Literally, I was puttering around my bench when it hit me. Just like the last time, I have had these gemstones that have been BEGGING for a different kind of setting and it hit me like lighting strikes the earth. This all started with a meteorite that I bought last year at the gem show here in Tucson. I have been staring at the thing everyday I have been home for almost year. I bought the thing when I had NO business buying anything last year but it caught my eye and I just had to have it. I knew what I wanted the setting to look like I just had no idea of how to make it happen.

Wish me luck! I’ll post the finished piece. I have a few nuances to work out either in my head or in a mock up… I am excited for the first time in weeks to make something NEW!!

The kiln is kilning and I am looking forward to seeing the finished pieces there as well. Whew! It is always a nerve-wracking time waiting for inspiration to strike you up side the head…I am grateful every time it does happen!

I am still really tired and I hope that the sleep that I am getting these cool nights is helping out.

I’ll post images in a day or so!

No comments: