Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Tuesday November 18th

There is always an ebb and flow to life. That is one of those important lessons that I am supposed to learn in this lifetime!

I guess, it is a hard thing to realize that some people must exit your life. After a time that spans almost half of your lifetime, to let a friend exit is a strange thing. It comes down to the simple fact that I guess I had an argument that I did not know I had with a friend of over 20 years and have not spoken in over 2 months. In that time I have received no reply to any inquires. I guess that when you end up making excuses for the behavior of the friend and extending reasons that you would not extend to anyone else means that you have actually grown and the other person has not moved past the maturity of a 24 year old. A real shame!

I have held onto this relationship as one of the dearest ones in my life…but I cannot help to look back on the past several years and notice a pattern of personal disdain for this person choices as to how to behave both personally as well as professionally and to realize that this person has cost me one of the most important professional relationships that I had in my previous profession. Live and Learn! That is the motto that I have come to grasp this year. I no longer have room in my life for those that are not up to the bar.

I am a steadfast and loyal to the end kind of friend. I would NEVER betray a friend until they had proven to me that they are not worthy of the devotion that I have freely given. I have learned that lesson all to well twice this year and in each case it is a lesson that will follow me forever.

Friendship is a gift, it is freely given; it’s a gift that needs to be nurtured and cared for and reciprocated evenly. The same is to be said of love! I believe that these 2 types of relationships can be the measure of a person. When you finally learn that you need to grow past your previous limits and really look at those you choose to include in your life and actually see the real friends and the real relationships…it is a very fine day indeed.

Here is to lessons learned!

This image below is so beautiful.
It is the yearly gathering of these swans so they can be taken to a warmer location to be cared for over the winter months and brought back in the spring.

No comments: