Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sunday October 19th

What a whirlwind 4 days. I cannot believe that I arrived in Miami on Wednesday evening, gave a talk on Thursday and taught for 3 days. Man, I now ready to get back to Tucson. It’s not that I have not had an excellent time but I am ready for my own bed and the attention of my girls. The 2-day workshop was awesome! I cannot believe what these ladies did and how beautifully they accomplished it. It has been an absolute delight to share time with them and I have discovered one 1 or 2 kindred spirits in this eclectic group.

I have to say that I am one of the most self-amused people that I know of. I find a giggle and a smile in so many things, there have been several comments about being more aware of what surrounds us in everyday life and that these observations have caused smiles and have induced giggles. There is nothing better than acknowledging the humor and silliness in the world that surrounds us. It is my firm belief that if my overt enjoyment of the music on my iPod can make a passersby smile and giggle in his or her own right…then I have doing a good thing. Not only am I having a good time, I am passing on that good time to someone else.

The reason that I am writing about this is because the talk that I gave the other evening seems to have touched one or two that were there. I have had some one on one time with several of these ladies and I know that I have met at least one very kindred spirit. Everything from ideals to the music on out iPods is in sync. It has been very nice to meet another person that sees things in similar hues and tints.

This evening has been spent catching up with a few friends that I have not had the time or the energy to catch up with in these last few days. I have missed my Jilly and I have yet to grab some very necessary time with Cris. I am looking forward to being home for a few days and to start getting ready for the BABE show. I am down to the crunch for the end of the year…Can you believe that I am talking about the end of the year???

Jeezy Creezy…I am still in stunned amazement about this year. I would have never guessed the 180ยบ turn that can happen in a moment. Just goes to show that you should always pay close attention to what friends tried to warn you about and to listen to that little voice in your head that told you to RUN LIKE A MAD WOMAN! Well, it is my goal in this lifetime to at least learn one or two lessons that have been presented to me.

I am so ready to be home! I miss my girls and I long to snuggle up to them and hear their gentle purr as I hold them close.

Have a great Monday…

I am watching the last inning of game 7 of the ALCS. The Rays are 3 outs away. I do not know if I can stand the it. I am no longer a fan of Boston. I am not sure what really caused the switch for me...it seems to have been a gradual thing, but the shift is a fundamental one that goes to the core of what I believe Baseball to be...Go Rays Go!!! I would really love to see a Rays/Phillies Series!!!!

No comments: