Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Wednesday March 12th.
















A friend of mine showed me the pictures of the Giant Causeway in Ireland. This is the perfect representation of the life puzzle that we are all faced with. Look at how they meet and come together as a whole, yet are imposing and daunting. It is amazing. When I first saw them I thought…who made that? How cool! They are totally natural. A-F-ing-mazing! Do you not agree?

My time in Dayton these past 3 days has been well spent and VERY productive. But, tomorrow I am back in AZ by 10am and back to work by 11am. I have so much to get done in the next 2 weeks. Then I am off to Portland, OR. I have not been there for a show since the last Embellishment when I assisted Leah Fairbanks in her glass bead making class. (If you do not know her work, check it out!) I loved being her assistant. I learned so much just by watching an instructor repeat the exercise the same way every time. It gave me great insight towards perfecting a technique and understanding that your own perfection means the students success.

I have been reading a great deal from the Tao this week and have gleaned, what I believe to be, a greater insight. It has been quite a few weeks of realizations. Some interesting and some devastating. It has been the actual acknowledgement of the devastating realizations that took me by surprise. Only in retrospect can one see damage path that has been created (coming and going!) that makes it all the more, well just all more! I am not sure of the proper word for the end of that sentence.

















Chapter 76

Men are born soft and supple;
dead, they are stiff and hard.
Plants are born tender and pliant;
dead, they are brittle and dry.

Thus whoever is stiff and inflexible
is a disciple of death.
Whoever is soft and yielding
is a disciple of life.

The hard and stiff will be broken
The soft and supple will prevail

No comments: