Sunday, March 23, 2008

Sunday March 23rd.

(I grabbed this really great image of the view of Mt. Shasta from the summit of Castle Crags.)

All of the boxes are packed and now all I have to do is pack my clothes. I am really looking forward to this drive. I need to clear my head, stare down a highway and take time to really look at a great number of things.

I have decided to pack up all of my tools, kits and supplies into this office storage boxes. I will let you know if it turns out to be a good idea or not. It should be, it should let me keep things organized and the boxes will fold down for re-use once they are empty.

It will be good to be back in CA, even if it is just for a drive through. Like I described before I get to drive through Castle Crags. It is so beautiful. I really hope that I can take a hike/climb on my way back to Tucson. My last climb there was one of the best afternoons I ever had. About 75 feet from the summit, you look up into a crack in the mountain. In order to reach the summit you have to brace your back against one side of the crack and use your legs to press against the other side and sort of scoot up to the top. I had never done anything like it before or since. It was such a wonderful moment to stand on top of that peak and look up to Mount Shasta in the distance.

I took the plunge into my pool yesterday and today. The water is very chilly but the air is 80ยบ and once you get past the initial shock to your system it is really quite “bracing.” I will try for one more swim before I head up north. The summer is so close! So very close! I long for the heat, my bones crave it.

Keep an eye out for postings of class’ and their projects and all of the fun that is Portland. I get to see Gail Moore and Michele Goldstein and will be rooming with my friend Susan. I am really looking forward to it.

No comments: