Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Wednesday Feb. 20th

It was beautiful. I wasn't sure of I was going to be able to see the event this evening. The entire day was overcast and gloomy. I have never been a witness to anything like it before. There have been lunar and solar eclipses but this is the first time I have been in the correct hemisphere with the right weather for a celestial event of this kind. I remember seeing a solar eclipse when I was in high school. This was just as exciting!

I bought a zoom spotting scope last summer around the 4th of July to look at the stars here in Tucson. It was really beautiful to watch the eclipse this evening with that.

More weeding and I am not going to be able to stop for a few more days. I am working in the yard for about 2 hours a day and I probably have about 4 to 6 hours left till I am done enough. So far? 6 to 8 Hours! UGH!

I want to thank everyone who has emailed me to let me know that they like the new site and the journal. It is really nice get the feedback and support from everyone. I know there are a few empty pages but I am working on them for a few hours everyday. Keep checking in on my progress.

Thanks!

No comments: