Saturday, February 2, 2008

Feb. 2nd 2008

Happy Ground Hogs Day



•This is not Phil•


Phil Says Six More Weeks of Winter!

Phil's official forecast as read 2/2/08 at sunrise at Gobbler's Knob:

Here Ye! Here Ye! Here Ye!

On Gobbler's Knob on this fabolous Groundhog Day, February 2nd, 2008
Punxsutawney Phil, the Seer of Seers, Prognosticator of all Prognosticators,
Rose to the call of President Bill Cooper and greeted his handlers, Ben Hughes and John Griffiths.

After casting a weathered eye toward thousands of his faithful followers,
Phil consulted with President Cooper and directed him to the appropriate scroll, which proclaimed:

"As I look around me, a bright sky I see, and a shadow beside me.
Six more weeks of winter it will be!"

Tucson has been getting ready for the arrival of everyone for the Gem Show for several weeks now. All over town there are tents and tent cities springing up. Everyone pretty much starts arriving tomorrow. It will be good to see so many friends, catch up and see all of the beautiful stuff everyone has been working on. Being in Tucson is great that way. When I was living in California I would only get to see colleagues for the 5 days of the Bead & Button show in June and the occasional show out east, but now I get the thrill of seeing them for the week or so that they are here.

Just so you know, I love this movie!


No comments: