Thursday, January 29, 2009

Thursday January 29

So, today I am running around like a chicken with my head cut off getting ready for tomorrows 3-day workshop. I am really close to being able to get back to my bench today, which I would very much love to do.

I had a box full of lampwork beads delivered yesterday and I am about jumping out of my skin to attempt some new settings and tube rivets and some different chain techniques. I have been so drained with production mode that all I want to do is try something new and work out of my own box for a while. I have needed a new stimulus for quite some time now and I am just over the moon that I have found a willing participant in my scheme.

I have had my music on the shuffle setting for a few days now and I love the experience of remembering music that I had forgotten that I even had on the damn thing. I am now listening to Sophie B. Hawkins “Damn I Wish I Was Your Lover” What a great song and what a blast from the 90’s. I find it amazing how lyrics can take on entirely new connotations depending on where you are in your life or what you mood is. The power of words set to a melody can evoke so much. I find that to be a truly amazing thing.

Are you surprised by life’s little mysteries? I really am and I have one that has bothered me for quite some time now! What I do want to know is if the shuffle is actually a true shuffle. I mean, is it really random, because, I do not think that is actually is? I mean the play list that come out seems to play songs that are very reflective of my mood and what I am feeling and it’s like it KNOWS. That little container of digital packets of data seems to be able to read my mind and insert all of the right music at the right time. I know….whacked….but it does seem to be true.

The next few weeks are the crazed Gem Show here in Tucson and I will do my best to keep up with posts and on all of the current happenings as they crop up. It is going to so excellent to see everyone and they are starting to trickle in even as we speak.

No comments: