Friday, January 2, 2009

Friday January 2nd.

Can you believe how this year is flying? Okay, that was a bit of humor to get us in the spirit for an absolutely fantastic year. Got it? That is the rule for ’09…we are ALL gonna have a fantastic year. May all of our dreams and desires come true. I kind of have this feeling that it is going to be a very good year.

So, I need to get back to work. I mean I really need to get back to work NOW. I have been sort of a bum for the last 48 hours. I did small stuff today, worked in the yard a bit got parts that I need to get some stuff done in the guesthouse. I have been hanging with my friend Chris who actually came in for a NYE’s visit. We have not had the chance to spend any real time together in years. She lives in LA and I try to spend that night whenever I drive through for my travels. It has been wonderful to just hang out and be quiet together of talk of the important things that we have going on in our lives. We went to breakfast at The Cup a great place in the Hotel Congress Lobby, worked on a few small projects around my house and tucked in for a dinner of Carnitas. Very yummy indeed!

There is a quiet to Tucson right now. (Well except for the siren that just passed by my house and the search light helicopter that followed soon after.) But the town seems to be taking in a deep breath before the Gem & Mineral show gets going at the end of the month. But the stars are absolutely fantastic right now, the sliver of the moon is letting the stars shine even brighter and the northern Catalina mountain range at sunset today was this rich, deep, dark, lavender/purple, luminescent painting. It was beautiful

I had a dream about my father last night. Well, to start with I had a really crappy nights sleep. But around 5am I dozed back off and I had this amazing dream that I was at some sort of party and after a great deal of silliness and random confrontations with people that I have no desire to ever see or speak to again I saw my father. Then the whole thing shifted; I am not sure what it means but whenever my dad shows up we are taking a walk and just talking about everyday stuff like he was watching everything. I love these dreams, because they always end the same way, we just look at each other and say how much we miss each other. And he smiles. I really do love these dreams.

So tomorrow, I am taking Chris to see the beautiful San Xavier Mission and then I am at my bench for the ENTIRE afternoon…Gotta get my lazy butt back to work…

No comments: