Thursday, January 22, 2009

Thursday January 22

I finally found the name of the music from the Inaugural; John Williams “Air and Simple Gifts,” which was composed for the ceremony.

So today was back at the bench and work like a crazy person day. I did my job well. I spent the better part of the day in wonderful silence. I was intent on the act of listening to the sound of the rain. It was warm enough that I could have the front door and hear the rain in the walk up to my house and every of often the breeze would bring me the fresh scent of the desert rains.

I have simple tasks in front of me. Simple tasks and very simple goals that I am placing in front of me to accomplish in the next days, weeks and months. My Tarot today seemed to bring attention to my desire to focus on certain aspects of life and work.

The Root - Three of Wands: Opportunity

The Root card deals with past events or influences that have played an important part in bringing about the current situation, and these influences are still likely to have an effect now.

The encouraging aspects of your situation at the moment have been brought about by building on your established strengths to make the most of opportunities: "Doing the right thing" has served you well. More difficult aspects are likely to be the result of conceit, arrogance or stubbornness.


The Covering - Four of Wands: Completion

The card in the Covering position highlights the important events, issues, attitudes or influences around the question or current situation.

The Four of Wands is a card of completion, suggesting that now is the time to enjoy the rewards of security and prosperity resulting from previous efforts. Some venture may well be reaching successful maturity, and if this is the case you can look with satisfaction on the current state of affairs. Now is a good time to bring some important matter or ongoing situation to a close, and you should remember that the end of one phase can be used to give a positive start to the next. The Four of Wands also applies to property, and can indicate the purchase, renovation or decoration of a house or other premises.

The Future - Six of Cups: Pleasure

The card in the Future position suggests fresh influences or events that are about to come into play and are likely to operate in the near future.

The coming time is one of harmony, well-being and satisfaction. Relationships and friendships in particular have every chance of entering a rosy period. This card has a connotation of looking back to the past to build for the future. It can suggest that some person or place from the past will be able to help you find happiness in the future, or that you will need to look to how you dealt with matters previously to find the best way forward. Above all, make sure that you appreciate and make the most of the good things you have.

When I was a kid I had a love affair wit my Lego’s for many years. I would build towns and ships and rockets and cars and what ever I could dream up. Several years ago I discovered a photograph by Alfred Stieglitz called “Steerage” and in researching for a lecture I found a Lego reproduction of this photograph and yesterday to me delight I found a Lego representation of President Obama’s Inauguration. I love what can be accomplished with a Lego…I admire the dedication that it takes and the absolute GEEK in the person to make it happen. It pleased me to find both things.

Here s the LINK to the Steerage, enjoy. I could not drag the image to my Blog.















I am off to contemplate all that is on my plate right now and I am looking at the list of things that have to get accomplished ASAP. There is an abundance of beauty in front of me right now and I have to say that it is taking my breath away as I view it, take it all in and digest it into my Memory and my Lexicon.

No comments: