Friday, January 16, 2009

Friday January 16

Very interesting vibes out in the world today…

Last nights amazing landing in the Hudson River of US Airways flight 1549 that was piloted by Chesley B. "Sully" Sullenberger III. was as close to a miracle as one can witness. All survived because this man is the best that he could ever hope to be at his job. All I could consider is that great Spiderman quote from Peter Parker: "Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words: "With great power comes great responsibility." 154 people are alive because this man was just that good, for it was not human error that was the cause, it was a random act of geese.

I heard a commentator say that what she loves about NY is that when something like this happens NY'ers don’t run away, they run to help. All of the local commuter ferries were on the scene in just minutes and if not for these selfless people many of the passengers would have suffered from hypothermia or worse while awaiting rescue in the freezing waters of the Hudson.

Thank you Sully, it is not enough to say but at times the simplest words are the best.
Well Done Sir!

As for the start of this morning: It is the same as always, coffee is brewed and is as wonderful as it always is and even after witnessing what I saw last night my day moves forward with it usual routine. But, in the back of my head is the knowledge that so many people witnessed last nights event and it will only remain with them for just a day or two (or as long as the news cycle lasts) but it is the people that survived who will be forever altered by the experience. Just knowing that is rather mind bending all on it’s own. It should make us all consider what experiences that we have seen or lived through and how they have altered us as human beings.

So I go on with my routine: I read my email in the morning, drink my coffee, check out my horoscope and get my daily Tarot Reading and then I will turn on a bad movie or listen to music as I work at my bench, and in the back of my mind I will be thinking about all that I have just written.

I will share my tarot and horoscope with you today…I think I am pleased that these are what got picked out of the hat for me today.

Today's Horoscope:
You’ll establish complicity ties with your near ones, and everything will go for the better. Try to control your aggressiveness and your critical mind. Passion and great love might knock at your door this time; you’ll feel exalted sentiments, and you’ll be under a spell of a person recently met. However, remain lucid and realistic after all! This astral ambiance will allow you to blossom and to develop your capacities to the fullest.

The Covering - XIII Death (click to the left and have your own reading done.)

The card in the Covering position highlights the important events, issues, attitudes or influences around the question or current situation.

This card suggests that an important change is happening around you at the moment. It may be that something is coming to an end, and there is little you can do to stop it. This is not necessarily bad, however, as even if the ending is distressing at the time, and this need not be the case, it is likely to prove to be a blessing in disguise. Death often indicates that some outworn element of your life needs to be left behind in order to allow growth, regeneration and a brighter future. In time, you will be able to look back upon the events suggested by this card as necessary to move forward or to begin a new, positive phase of life.

No comments: