Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Wednesday June 25th

Just wait till you read this!
It has been over a month since the child hit my car in the parking lot of the Post Office. I finally got the approval to drop if off to be repaired. The thing that kind of gripes me is that the insurance people that have to deal with all of this have no understanding that I am loosing hours of my life that I will never get back with phone calls, follow-up phone calls, dropping off my car, picking up the rental car and all of the other things that have added up to over 15 hours of my life.
That is one waking day! Gone Forever!

It reminds me of the time I had an article published and an image was omitted because they had only allotted so much room for the article. I specifically asked that they put the image back in and they said they did not have the room to do so. Because of the missing step I received over 45 calls and more than that number of emails because the instructions were unclear. I kept a log of all of the phone calls and emails and submitted an invoice for my lost time. It came to over 24 hours of my life because of one image on a piece of paper. I though it was a brilliant way of illustrating that a short cut does not necessarily work out for the best.

I am getting back to work right now!!!!!
Have a great Wednesday!

Now this made me smile - Ying & Yang - VW Style!

Should we say it is very Ving & Wang? (sorry! could not resist!)


Chapter 5

The Tao doesn’t take sides;
it gives birth to both good and evil.
The Master doesn’t take sides;
she welcomes both saint and sinners.

The Tao is like a bellows:
it is empty yet infinitely capable.
The more you use it, the more it produces;
the more you talk of it, the less you understand.

Hold on to the center.

No comments: