Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Tuesday June 24th

I actually had 4 inquiries about what Tubing was.
My short explanation;
Your butt is in and inner tube floating down a river with snacks trying not to get sun burnt!

So, tubing down the Salt River is Fantastic. We had a marvelous day of floating and always going down the “rapids” backwards. If you ever go tubing remember the phrase “butts up” when you are floating through a shallow portion of the river. VERY IMPORTANT!

The day was hot and sunny and beautiful. There were birds everywhere and I had no idea that there were Mud Swallows in Arizona. Their nests were all tucked into the most amazing places in the cliffs and as we approached the landing at the end of our journey we had the privilege to see 2 hawks soaring on the thermals. They were so beautiful!

It was a very good idea to drive to Mesa the night before so we did not have to get up at the crack of ass to just drive there and back in one day and since I did the driving it was even a better idea. We had a nice breakfast and got our provisions early and were on the river by 9:30am. Perfect timing!

I had to go old school on photos. I bought a waterproof disposable camera and will have to scan the photos in after I get the photos developed. I cannot even remember the last time I had film developed! YIKES!

I had a productive day from 6am till 5pm then I kind of died! I got loads done for Pudget Sound and then watched as Boston came back in the bottom of the 8th to win a game the D-Backs should have won. Very depressing considering the game that Haren pitched last night for AZ.

Today is short and to the point.

No comments: