Saturday, April 4, 2009

Saturday April 4th.

SPRING HAS SPRUNG….
Why is it that there are times in our lives that we just do the craziest things and they feel so right and oh so very good. I have always said that I am a Magpie and that I can change my direction at the drop of a hat as long as the thing that I am altering my plans for seems to be the thing that is going to make me the happiest. Well I have to say that this is exactly what I have been doing and for the first time in a very, very, very long time and I seem to be smiling a great deal as a result of these choices. There are just some things in life that defy reason and explanation and when those things happen I have chosen to just let it flow over you and to let the experience happen as it may and to enjoy life as it comes washing over you.

As you can all see I took a few days off and played hooky for part of the last week. I sort of ran away from home on a total whim last Saturday morning and got back home here in Tucson on Thursday. I ended up going back to New Mexico and spending a few days just hanging out and not really doing anything that I did not want to do. I was actually heading back to Tucson on Monday morning but actually decided to stay a few more days, again, on the spur of the moment. I had a blast. I actually needed those few days last week and I am glad that I had the opportunity to just let it happen.

So, I did not do much on Friday other then get the orders packaged and out the door that had come in over the few days that I was away. I had laundry and some tidying up to do and I had NO desire to go out of doors. The wind was some of the worst that I have seen in a very long time around here. I was actually a bit worried about how strong the winds actually were. The large sheet of heavy duty bubble wrap that I have on my pool was actually blown off of my pool and lifted like a sail and draped itself over my neighbor’s fence. I was just grateful that the thing did not rip as I pulled if back in to my yard.

But the greatest thing that I saw yesterday was the fact that the Iowa courts decided that it was cool to let Same Sex Marriages take place in this MOST EXCELLENT STATE. I was watching the Rachel Maddow show and she made a very interesting observation. She found it AMAZING that Same Sex Couples could be married in IOWA before they could be married in New York City. When I read the news I called my friend Cris Leonard (who is from Iowa City) to tell her thanks. I give her and her husband (my long lost twin brother Paul) all of the credit. I know very few Iowans. Let’s hear it for the Mid West. First, Ohio voted for Obama and now Iowa rocks the foundation of what the rest of the country believes Midwesterners are capable of.

I am starting to really get ready for Bead & Button. I can hardly believer that the show is just 2 months away. I say this all the time. But seriously, where the hell has this year gone? It was New Years Eve just a few minutes ago when I had my friend Carol over for the weekend and we were just kickin’ back and enjoying the Tucson winter and now my pool is so very close to being warm enough for me to take my morning swims again. (I crave to get back to that routine again.)

No comments: