Friday, April 24, 2009

Friday April 24th

The past 3 days have been spent collaborating with Terri Caspary Schmidt for a show that she has opening in the Denver area starting the beginning of May. I made 4 full chains with VERY VERY SMALL LINKS.. each chain was 18 to 21 inches long and then between the two of us came up with some interesting ways of attaching the beads to the chains. I was very pleased with the final look of all of her beads and how my silver work accented Terri’s amazing attention to detail, proportion and how much she LOVES a dot…

Bird Bead w/ Dots
21" fine silver chain with a fine silver wire wrapped bail and clasp.







Caterpillar Bead on a 18" fine silver chain. The bail is riveted at the top intersection and a fine silver tube supports the rivet for the connecting bail.








Tomato Worm Bead on a 18" fine silver chain. The bail is riveted at the top intersection and a fine silver tube supports the rivet for the connecting bail.




I am now sitting in my hotel room in Denver after a 6 hour drive up from Albuquerque. I will set up for my 2 day show at the Merchandise Mart here in Denver. If you are in town please stop on and say hi. As I was driving into town I had the sudden realization that my hotel was very close to the Rockies Ball Park. After a quick check… yes they are in town and they are playing the Dodgers….the game starts the same time the show is over and I would miss the first few innings.. It is a HARD choice.. What to do… What to do…

Alex meets and overwhelms the fire breathing demon...

No comments: