Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sunday March 1st

Is it really March 1st?
I am pleased that March is here...
Very please indeed...A-B-S-O-L-U-T-E-L-Y...

I have had a very busy past few days. Not only am I getting ready to go to Santa Fe I HAD to schedule in time to go to the opening day of Spring Training on Friday. So needless to say I was absolutely slammed on Thursday all day so I could take those few beautiful 4 hours to go see my beloved Chicago White Sox play against my Against my Arizona Diamondbacks. I have decided NOT to pay for all of the ballgames on my TV this year. Right now it is a $170.00 that I can so use somewhere else. I chose instead to just pay for my baseball this year by only paying for MLBTV on my computer. I have 2 laptops so I can work on one and watch ball on the other and since I am traveling SO much this year I just thought that it was a better use of my resources.

Thursday was day of HUGE organizing and counting and re-counting to make sure that I have all of my ducks in a row, all of my “I’s’ dotted and all of my ‘T’s” crossed. I always get so nervous about shows like this. I am away from my home and I want all of my plans to go correctly and I want all of the my classes to go off smoothly, so I send a great deal of time making sure that I did not screw anything up. It is amazing how often I mess up the amount of silver that I need for a class. I weigh it, I break out the calculator and I do all of my calculations and it is rare when I can come up with the same number twice. I have no idea why it is that way but for the love of any supreme being I SUCK at the math. So I keep doing the math until I get the same answer at least 3 times and then I figure that I may actually have it right.

Friday…I got up with a smile on my face. Today was going to be a really busy and a really fun day. I got up SO early so I could get all of the rest of my tasks accomplished so I can leave the house a 12:15 for a 1:05 start to opening day of Spring Training at Tucson Electric Ball Park. What a great day and what a great way to bring spring back. I had my Italian Sausage with burned grilled onions and my Stella beer and I sat my butt down in the FRONT ROW of the ballpark only feet away from the grass and I was sitting in between REAL fans of the game…I was listening as they were spouting off more stats about each player than I knew existed in the world…

Saturday was a day that I have been so excited about for weeks and weeks. My friend Vicki came in for a visit and she is such a sport, she came out for her visit under the auspices of having the desire to see a spring training game. So I picked Vicki up at the airport and we went off to the park to see the Texas Rangers play the D-Backs. We had such a great day and enjoyed the warmth of the sun with a great number of beers and the requisite Italian Sausage or Polish Dog…
We had a great time catching up and for not having seen each other in close to a year. If people were listening to our conversations I am sure that it would have sounded rather humorous. Vicki is from my old profession and she is one of the most Bad-Ass Lighting programmers that I have had the honor of working with. So we spent a good portion of the day talking about lighting gear and how much work she had to do to make Diana Ross look good and how on earth could those be the colors that were in her contract. What a fabulous day that ended up with a movie on the couch and both of us so tired from the sunshine.

Sunday…. Today is going to be a day of getting back to the reality of getting all of my stuff ready for my show. I am really looking forward to taking a few extra days in NM to just recharge my batteries before I dive into teaching and selling my wears. It is the start of the show season and it is now officially “off to the races” to make as much money as humanly possible to make sure that I can get to the next show and start it all over again.



Song Lyrics

No comments: