Thursday, February 5, 2009

Okay, My life is now officially crazed. I have been in an insane place for these last weeks and it does not seem to be getting any less insane. It is a wonderful sense of adventure, fun and excitement that is giving me a really amazing outlook on that which has been missing. It kind of goes with that poem that I posted the other day:

i
feel that i cleverly am being altered that i slightly am becoming
something a little different, in fact
myself

I kind of feel that I am discovering a sense of myself that I had somehow lost or buried so deeply I had forgotten that is was part of me. Well, I guess that I feel a lightness that is very contagious.

I was asked the other evening would I have believed a year ago that I would be where I am now and if the wishes I had a year ago had shifted from where they are now. That question took me by surprise in many ways. Mostly, a year ago, I would have never thought that I would be viewing my life in an entirely new way. I cannot even imagine the place I was last year or ever wanting to go back to that place.

There are so many things that happen on the paths of our lives. Things that alter the directions that we are taking; change a point of view, give insight that you may have been blinded to before. We need to make sure that we are not asleep at the wheel when these times come along. This is all part and parcel of the crazed & insane right now!

So…to catch up…Things have been hectic at the home studio and getting ready for the Gem Show that opened yesterday. So, trying to find the proper time to post has been difficult and when I do have the time at 3am or 4am or 5:30am I am a bit out of it and may actually post inappropriate things. So I thought that taking a few days to gather my thoughts and write something that is worthy a better way to go.

The workshop went so well, we had a great 3 days and everyone did such an amazing job. I find that I have to keep reminding people that I make doing this stuff look easy, that is my job, but just look at what you have created. Look at what you have done with your own hands.

Gail Crosman Moore came in on Sunday night and prepped for our Metal & Patina One Day the following day. Man did we have a blast and wow did the ladies just go with the flow. Gail & I both had all of these ideas roaming around in our heads and we just kept saying….”what would you think if we tried this?????” It was a day full of creativity and lots of laughter.

So, Tuesday was a day spent at my bench in the morning getting the final pieces finished for the show. Nothing like leaving crap till the last possible minute, I can be a bit of a procrastinator at times, I do work hard but I can get distracted by the shiny or exceptionally beautiful things in life. So, I got all of those tasks accomplished and even had time to play in the meantime. I then had to get all of my display over to the show and set up my booth.

My sweet Jilly arrived later that evening and all I can say is that I was a horrible host. I was actually falling asleep while trying to entertain her during dinner. I just kept fading in and out of focus. And during all of this craziness one of my nearest and dearest came to town with my long lost and unknown Bhuddah….Cris & Paul were here for a few days and I got to have dinners with them and spend a bit of time together. It is never enough…I have not seen Cris since she came to visit last August. I can never have enough time with my friends. I miss them so when they leave, no matter how tired I am I get rather sad at those times. Even if they stand outside my house laughing loudly for 20 minutes after they leave….God, I adore my friends!

The first day of the show was as silly as shows can be and as hectic as shows can be, 2 spots down is one of the best-est of the best. Andrea Guarino Slemmons and Whit are here and we are being as goofy as always. The laughter abounds and it is like not a moment has passed since we saw each other last.

Here are shots that Andrea took yesterday at the show!


Setting up my booth before we opened.














Andrea's man Whit...I love him and want his hat!

No comments: