Sunday, August 9, 2009

Sunday August 9th

I am looking forward to an exciting and fun 3 weeks. I love the teaching and the traveling and I am truly looking forward to seeing all of my friends so very soon. It has been a very busy end of the week for me. I got all 8 boxes shipped off to Dayton and I was insane crazy getting ready to leave for Albuquerque this morning for a visit before I head out east for 2 weeks.

So, for the last 3 days, I have averaged 10 hour days at my bench. It has been a very excellent 3 days. I have gotten loads finished and ready for assembly next week. I wanted to make sure that I had all of the fine detail work finished up before I left so I would not have to travel with certain heavy and cumbersome tools. I am glad to say with much pride... Mission Accomplished.

I took time to watch the swearing in of Judge Sotomayor yesterday morning and I was very pleased of the stand that our President took by staying away from the ceremony. I like that this man seems so concerned with our Constitution and what is actually mean by the phrase "Separation of Powers".

We are experiencing some very frightening times. I am scared of the tactics being employed to frighten the citizens of our country away from the much needed overhaul of our health care system. Why are these people saying that having a "Living Will" is a bad thing? The large insurance companies and the drug companies do not want oversight and the GOP wants to discredit the Democratic party. These issues are TOO important for us to allow these games and this bickering to continue. We should be a better role model for the rest of the world and we should make sure that the citizens of our country are healthy and educated.

I grabbed saw this quote and it made me think....

"I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country...corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed"
--Abraham Lincoln 1864

No comments: