Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Wednesday February 29th ~ 2012

All of the vitriolic rhetoric, all of the hate mongering, all of the pandering to the extreme right wing religious bigots, all of the self serving, self righteous, egotistical, ego maniacal crap that we witnessed over the last two weeks was endured for what? The net gain of this was a split of the 30 delegates, each GOP candidate got 15 out of the required 1144 delegates required for the Republican nomination.

Hundreds of millions of dollars wasted on smack talk and double talk and slandering. Can anyone think of other ways that this money could have been spent in Michigan where the real unemployment rate is still one of the highest in the nation? I sure can!

I am not saying that either party is better or worse at this game. It just seems that the GOP is nastier and that the swing to the extreme right is making it harder and harder for any candidate to come out of this unscathed and able to mount any sort of a credible campaign.

I listen to all of the GOP hate speech and I am so sad and so tired of it. None of it is positive, none of it is spoken with encouragement and hope. All I hear is negative and depression. Then later on this evening I listened to President Obama give a speech to the auto workers and I actually found myself smiling at his positive message and at his optimism.

THAT. my friends,  is what we need to be focusing on. There are things that are going in the right direction if we would only take off the blinders of hate and bigotry and actually see the path that we are all on.

Rachel Maddow had an amazing opinion piece this evening about where and why the GOP is acting the way that has been for the last decade..


I leave for Concord at 4am on Thursday morning and I have a weekend of and classes. I hope to be able to post but if I don't, have a beautiful weekend and always remember:

Teach this simple truth to all: A generous heart, kind speech, and a life of service and compassion are the things that renew humanity. - The Buddha -

No comments: