Friday, February 10, 2012

Friday Feburary 10th ~ 2012

So let's get caught up shall we? I wish you the following…..

October 10th - Happy Columbus Day
October 30th - Happy Halloween

November 11th - Happy Veterans Day
November 24th - Happy Thanksgiving

December 22nd - Happy Winter Solstice
December 25th - Happy Christmas  
(I just thought that sould stick with the English style to stay with the "Happy" thing I got going on here)
December 31st - Happy New Years Eve

January 1st - Happy New Year
January 16th - Happy Martin Luther King Day

February 2nd - Happy Groundhog Day

Well, that covers the major holidays and social happenings since October 2011. I have been very well and as usual I have been traveling way to much and which means that I have been working hard to try to stay out of trouble. (Never and easy task for me.)

The last days of December and all the cold days of January were spent in my studio getting ready for the Tucson Gem Show that took place for me this year at a new venue. This year I decided to move over to the To Bead True Blue Show at the Double Tree Hotel. It was like moving up to the grown-ups table at the holidays. The venue was wonderful, the organization was professional and courteous, the layout was easy to follow and the entire experience was great.

I got to share an island with Gail Crosman Moore, Eleanore Macnish, Paula Best and Terri Caspary-Schmidt. All I can say is that there is never a dull moment with Ellie's laugh close at hand. There is not much in this world that beats an entire week of great friends, good food and endless laughter.

I am getting to know these promoters of the To Bead True Blue Show and get my show schedule more entangled with them. So much so, I have added a last minute show in Concord, CA the beginning of March. It is going to be weird going back to a town that I lived in so long ago to teach and to exhibit my work.

When I lived in Concord I was a lighting designer that worked for the Diablo Light Opera Co, Center Repertory Theatre and Contra Cost Musical Theatre. That was a time in my life that I have some amazing and fond memories. The people I knew that worked at the Lesher Center for the Arts and for the other production companies were a great group of people that I called friends for a number of years. The passage of time is an amazing thing, NO?

Well, enough reminiscing of decades past.

If any of you are in the Concord, CA area March 2nd - 4th please come over to the Concord Hilton and stop by to say hello and check out some of my new work. I am also teaching 2 evening fusing classes that also promise to be a great deal of fun. Check them out as well and pass on the word.

Hilton Concord, 1970 Diamond Blvd, Concord, CA 94520



Heart Fusion Class - March 2nd.
Loop-n-Ball Tab Bracelet March 3rd.

No comments: