Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Tuesday May 12th

I had a long 13 hour workday today. I got my silver order in for Bead & Button yesterday afternoon and first thing this morning…(meaning 6am) I started packing up all of the kits for my 12 classes. I got 10 of the 12 done today. This means I packaged 94 Woven Chain Kits, 80 Fine Silver Finding kits, 80 Fine Silver Chain Making Kits, and my 2 workshops… All I have left to do is make the jump rings for me 2 chain maille classes. That will be my task for tomorrow and that will give me the peace of mind that I need to go out of town for the next few days.

I did get about 90% of the printing done yesterday that I needed and all I have to do is make the 2 new handouts for those above-mentioned Chain Maille classes. I have time scheduled for all of that and I know that they will go easily and smoothly.

I am excited about the last space shuttle mission to repair the Hubble Telescope. The images and insight that this telescope has given us are priceless and to think that it was almost one of the biggest blunders ever sent into space. (Remember…the mirrors in the telescope were not right and all of the images were blurry?) Did you know that these images are yours? You, as a tax-paying citizen of the United States, own those images. Please take the time to really look at the gallery of images at the Hubble Web Site. There are things that defy imagination and take your breath away just knowing that these things actually exist and are really real…

Dust Band Around the Nucleus of "Black Eye Galaxy" M64

No comments: