Monday, May 11, 2009

Monday May 11th

Remember to check out and Pre-Order my Complete Guide to Low Tech Metalsmithing DVD.

I have spent these past days just trying to get everything ready for Bead & Button. I am having a really hard time realizing that I have to be in Milwaukee in just under 3 weeks. I still have a bit of work to get done but I am really making good headway. I am going start the really crappy job of PRINTING all of my handouts this morning while I spend the day at my bench finishing up several projects that I have sitting there that need my undivided attention.

Work wise, I have taken some 6-gauge wire and passed it through my rolling mill a few dozen times to make some really excellent fine silver bracelets. I have a dozen Moss Agate disks that need to be set in their Fine Silver round settings and I also have a few glass beads from Terri Caspary Schmidt that need to be set and finished with those bails that we came up with and a few of those also need some hand-fused chains to go along with them. My plate is a bit full.

The printing has started and hopefully by the end of today I will have all of the handouts for classes printed and packed, ready to go. I have my fine silver order arriving today and as soon as all of that is sorted out I will be able to write my 2 new handouts for my 2 new Chain making classes at B&B.

It is going to be a very interesting year this year. I feel a general sense of optimism growing in the world and yet people are approaching larger and discretionary purchases with caution and really thinking them through. I do feel that everyone is doing all that they can to make sure that the independent artist can survive all of the obstacles that everyone is facing.

I hope that we are starting to see the light at the preverbal light at the end of the tunnel. All of us are keeping out fingers crossed for a REALLY good show.

I asked my Byzant Tarot if I was in the “Right Track” this morning… I liked the response that I received. And taking all of this into consideration, I am finding it really amazing that it is already the middle of MAY. Can someone please explain to me how the space-time continuum is all out of whack right now and how time is FLYING be at an alarming rate. Life can happen so quickly and surprises are always just around the corner.

The Root - XIX The Sun

Th
e Root card deals with past events or influences that have played an important part in bringing about the current situation, and these influences are still likely to have an effect now.

The encouraging aspects of your situation at the moment have been brought about by being positive, happy and fortunate. More difficult aspects are likely to be the result of matters taking longer than expected to work out, or unhelpful arrogance on your part. You must try to approach things in a positive, level-headed manner.

The Covering - King of Swords

The card in the Covering position highlights the important events, issues, attitudes or influences around the question or current situation.

This is a time when you need to use your skills and talents, and actually act upon your ideas. Now is the time to stand up for yourself and gain the respect you deserve. But remember, always consider the effects of your actions on others.


The Future - Page of Cups

The card in the Future position suggests fresh influences or events that are about to come into play and are likely to operate in the near future.

You are entering a more leisurely time when you will have the chance to appraise your situation and follow your feelings. Matters will proceed at a leisurely pace, and you should take the chance to consider your options and not try to rush things. Artistic pursuits will go well, and you will be able to afford to indulge in a little day-dreaming. Be kind and gentle in your dealings with others, but be careful not to be lazy, selfish or manipulative.

No comments: