Friday, June 26, 2009

Friday June 26th

The last few days of this week have been rather insane. I have been scrambling and working at my bench to get my submissions for all of the Interweave classes for 2010 in for review. I think that I have some nice new projects and creations ready for public consumption. I have to say that I am pleased that my friends all seem to think that they are ready as well. It is an exceptionally cool thing to be able to get feedback on projects before sending them out into the big bad world. The feedback is always helpful as soon as I can let go of the thing and listen objectively to an honest criticism.

I had this honest criticism happen to me a few weeks ago. I was told that I needed to change my website index page. I was very kindly informed that it was too busy and that it was not clear what the objectives were for my website. Well, after I got my hackles all tucked back in where they belonged and I actually listened to the observations I did discover that she was right. So, I am in the process of re-doing the opening page of my website. I put so much time, energy and process into the change that I instituted in 2008 that I was not really ready to hear that it could be better. Lesson learned: Most things can always be better with a second pair of eyes.


So, here are my 2 new submissions for Interweave.

Sterling and Fine Silver Cuff

This is a heavy gauge rectangular wire riveted top piece with 8 gauge sides and some fused chain and an S-Hook clasp








Heavy Gauge Fine Silver Chain

This chain is fused 12 gauge Fine Silver folded and formed to this really cool bracelet.






The third class that I am teaching is going to be with Gail Crosman Moore. We are taking that one-day workshop that we debuted at the Tucson Gem Show on the road. We are going to be offering it at all 3 Interweave Shows next season as well as the BABE show in Oakland this fall. It is a one-day extravaganza that promises to be a BLAST. I could not be more excited about this opportunity. Gail has such an amazing way of viewing the world that it is a joy to travel and room with her any time.

I am off to San Francisco for a weekend of fun and festivities. It is going to be a blast to be back home for almost 5 days. I still have work to do while I am away but it will not be such a hardship to look out my window and see SF out there, waiting for me, when I finish up my tasks.

Sorry I have been away for the last few days, it really has been a bit of an insane time getting these submissions in before the deadline of TODAY! Whew!

Yesterday was kind of a weird day. Both Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett both passed away. These were 2 iconic figures of my formative teenage and early 20's. I am saddened by the passing of both of these individuals. Each in there own way had struggles that formed and molded them. My heart and thoughts are with their families and loved ones these next days.

No comments: